vpFREE2 Forums

XVP: Sucker Bet at the Majestic Star

Not VP but to keep the group from throwing away money!

At the Majestic Star, for two weeks they are doubling the payout for a suited three of a kind playing the “Top 3” BJ side bet.

This still leaves it as a terrible bet!

On the 270 version the double to 540 decreases the house edge from 13.758% to 9.959%.

On the 1000 version the double to 2000 decreases the house edge from 29.961% to 15.890%.

I also believe that you will be required to make the “+3 Bet” with better than a 5% house edge (4 deck is much worse than six for these bets!) in order to play this crap!!

These tables are four deck continuous shufflers so better for basic strategy BJ but garbage for card
counters.

Howard W. Stern

vpfree2 monitor

Majestic Star

When I calculated this, I erroneously assumed that all suited trips were doubled. Actually only if the suit is Hearts.

For the 270 version the bonus decreases the house edge from 13.758% to 12.819%

For the 1000 version the bonus decreases the house edge from 29.961% to 26.454%.

OUCH!!

Not surprisingly this bonus is available for six weeks not two!

Howard W. Stern

···

On Monday, February 2, 2015 1:12 PM, Howard Stern <pyi…@…net> wrote:

Not VP but to keep the group from throwing away money!

At the Majestic Star, for two weeks they are doubling the payout for a suited three of a kind playing the “Top 3” BJ side bet.

This still leaves it as a terrible bet!

On the 270 version the double to 540 decreases the
house edge from 13.758% to 9.959%.

On the 1000 version the double to 2000 decreases the house edge from 29.961% to 15.890%.

I also believe that you will be required to make the “+3 Bet” with better than a 5% house edge (4 deck is much worse than six for these bets!) in order to play this crap!!

These tables are four deck continuous shufflers so better for basic strategy BJ but garbage for card
counters.

Howard W. Stern

vpfree2 monitor

Majestic Star