vpFREE2 Forums

What is the better play?

I have had a couple of bad months in video poker.... I like to play the best paytables that I can find but my money is really getting tight right now. Which of these is the better play at Hollywood Joliet?

1. Play bonus poker on the dollar machine with the 35-35-35 (99.66%) pay table but only play 2 dollars a hand (can't afford 5)

or

2. Play Jacks or Better on the quarter machines at 8-5?

Thanks,

Tchic115

Both of these are negative plays so unless you are receiving really good offers to make these positive plays, if money is a problem then you need to stop playing until you can tolerate the sustained losses. In general though if you cannot play five coins, then you want to play one coin, so if you are going to play the bonus poker, play only one coin. Playing two, three or four coins will only make your losses bigger.

To: vpFREE_Chicago@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 04:44:24 +0000
Subject: [vpFREE_Chicago] What is the better play?

I have had a couple of bad months in video poker.... I like to play the best paytables that I can find but my money is really getting tight right now. Which of these is the better play at Hollywood Joliet?

1. Play bonus poker on the dollar machine with the 35-35-35 (99.66%) pay table but only play 2 dollars a hand (can't afford 5)

or

Thanks,

Tchic115

------------------------------------

vpFREE Links: http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1955/20228/V/Links.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Assuming I've manipulated my WinPoker pay scales correctly, your option #1 returns @98.4%, while 8/5 Jacks gets you 97.3%. A better quarter choice would be the 7/5 BP available at the bars (@98.1%).

···

--- In vpFREE_Chicago@yahoogroups.com, "tchic115" <tchic115@...> wrote:

or

Thanks,

Tchic115

Thanks for the honest advice... I appreciate it.

···

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:46 AM
Subject: RE: [vpFREE_Chicago] What is the better play?

Both of these are negative plays so unless you are receiving really good offers to make these positive plays, if money is a problem then you need to stop playing until you can tolerate the sustained losses. In general though if you cannot play five coins, then you want to play one coin, so if you are going to play the bonus poker, play only one coin. Playing two, three or four coins will only make your losses bigger.

To: mailto:vpFREE_Chicago%40yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 04:44:24 +0000
Subject: [vpFREE_Chicago] What is the better play?

or

Thanks,

Tchic115

------------------------------------

vpFREE Links: http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1955/20228/V/Links.htm
Yahoo! Groups Links