vpFREE2 Forums

Vegas honeymoon. Things first timer might like. Suggestions young folks.

Hi all.

Old Grandad here traveling with newlyweds. They are players at local joints and have been to AC a few times with me. I am self appointed as the travel guide. I’ll list my ideas and any suggestions welcome.

WE have 5 and half days in town. Will rent car.

!. A day at the dam. The kids both want to see Dam. Drive down seeing desert along way. Maybe having breakfast at say…Railroad pass. Might Shoot over to Laughlin on way back. Take look see at Colorado river and stop couple gambling joints.

1. Have to see at least one show… Need ideas for young folks early 20s. Mystere good stop? Anything just as good? Also, walk through of Caesars form shops? Circus Circus interesting in old days? An evening walking strip & where to start.

2. What to do Downtown Las Vegas? Where to start if driving down? Years since down there?

Any ideas?? We will be traveling in 6 weeks.

Have good evening Cheers Jeep

···

If you plan to go to the dam and multiple additional attractions, you may be able to get pretty good value from one of the city pass options. I would just recommend to make sure your guests are good with a touring plan ahead of time.

In this family trip report from Summer 2018, I was able to get quite a bit of value from the “Las Vegas Pass”, although we had a somewhat of an aggressive touring plan:

https://vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/everything-i-never-wanted-to-do-in-vegas-family-trip-report.155321/

I think LV Pass also has a 5-day option were you wouldn’t have to plan so aggressively…

···

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 6:25:26 PM CDT, whiteje…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

Hi all.

Old Grandad here traveling with newlyweds. They are players at local joints and have been to AC a few times with me. I am self appointed as the travel guide. I’ll list my ideas and any suggestions welcome.

WE have 5 and half days in town. Will rent car.

!. A day at the dam. The kids both want to see Dam. Drive down seeing desert along way. Maybe having breakfast at say…Railroad pass. Might Shoot over to Laughlin on way back. Take look see at Colorado river and stop couple gambling joints.

1. Have to see at least one show… Need ideas for young folks early 20s. Mystere good stop? Anything just as good? Also, walk through of Caesars form shops? Circus Circus interesting in old days? An evening walking strip & where to start.

2. What to do Downtown Las Vegas? Where to start if driving down? Years since down there?

Any ideas?? We will be traveling in 6 weeks.

Have good evening Cheers Jeep

A reply to me. The Plan …

1 DAM is a must do. at least 1/2 day. On the way Walk thru Sams Town, nice buffet as I remember.

2 Downtown, another 1/2 day. Don’t know where to park car there. Used to park Golden Nugget. Binions to

see million in cash as suggested here. Have fun and win some.

3 Red Rock canyon. See the view & maybe a Burro. Not enough time to hike. Nice for young folks.

Good place to visit as we will be staying Red Rock 3 nites. Great hotel. Great buffet. Great place to be.

Great place to play.

4 Walk the Strip, Self park at Mirage or Fashion Show mall, easy access to Caesars. See the fountains at

Bellagio.  Leave for hotel late enough that  Strip not loaded with traffic.  Drive the Strip not busy Late nite.

Heard Treasure  pirate  show gone?  The Strip close to Gold coast where we are spending last days of trip. 

5 Last day spend whole day in Gold Coast a place I really like. It’s friendly and relaxing. Call Lyft, have driver

take us through lites to the airport for last look see.     Homeward bound on Red Eye 11:30 PM.

I'm not recommending shows  as  newly weds have both seen them locally and in AC.   

Vegas takes at least 5-6  hrs  unless show is where you're staying.  Drive to venue, park, walk in etc. etc.

They will have plenty of time to visit  Vegas in future.

Just sharing my plan and thx for ideas. Any suggestions let me know.

You all have nice day…Jeep.

···