vpFREE2 Forums

Trip Report - MLK week - Part 1 Peppermill

Day 1
Arrived Saturday for three nights at Peppermill and four nights at Silver Legacy.
Limo from airport with my girlfriend, VIP check-in to 17th floor Tuscany tower suite.
Played thru my $650 promo freePlay (swipe at kiosk and “spin” a wheel for $600-to-$1200 freePlay) which I cashed out at $700 playing $1 ACE$BP.
Four hours of play, early on on the WMS multi-lines, lady next to me got a dealt RF playing 3-line something. Turns out it was 10c denom and she got a $1200 handpay.
I didn’t score a nice jackpot until I hit quad wild 2222 on $1 single line. That brought me to even on the day.
Dinner at Oceano and the halibut was outstanding. Fresh and moist.
After dinner a quad wild 2222 on 50c x 5 line deuces for 500 kept me even on the day.
Many hours later, yet another quad wild 2222 playing $1 x 3-line for 1000 brought me back to even.
Next session I played $1 DDB in hilimit. The Suited RF meters looked ripe: Hearts & Spades around $6900, Diamonds 5500 and Clubs 4065. I hit a AAAA4 for $2000, handpay, tax form. Put me up for the day and gave a little back before calling it a day.
7 hrs play, +700.

Day 2

An incredible day of losses which crippled my bankroll.

Played a LOT of $1 x 3 line deuces and DDB.

Breakfast at the cafe milano was great: Peppermill breakfast for me and veggie omelette for girlfriend. Croissants were tasty.

Dinner at cafe Milano, off the chinese food part of the menu was disappointingly bland ( lo mein for me and kung pau chicken for girlfriend).

My only winning sessions were on 50c x 5 line BP and Deuces.

I discovered some suited prog meters even higher than the one in high limit.

Uprights, $1 DDB, short-pay 9/5, linked bank of 3 just outside the poker room.

H: 6321, S: 7059, D: 6957, C:6227.

Long session, one 4444 for 400 and AAAA for 800 near the end left me still stuck 300.

Another long session on one of my fave games $1 DDB A&F on the bank of 8 slant tops near the Oceano doors failed me: despite three quads for 250 I dropped 1000.

I quit it all before midnight, 11 hours of play, bankroll down by 2/3.

Day 3

Activated my standard 750 monthly freePlay. Played it on the $1 DDB in high limit, and hit an AAAA for 800: net +1100 and a needed nice start for the day, just hoping to last the week. Next session was $1 x 3 line Deuces, and a dealt WRF containing three deuces, held all five of course, made for a nice +400 session.

Then I bombed for a couple hours. Down big on $1 x 3 DDB & Deuces.

Down bigger on the poker room $1 9/5 DDB, stubbornly pumping in benjamins “until I get quads”. No quads.

Regrouped when I found girlfriend playing Renbrandts Riches slots. SHe’d spent most of her day getting a massage and pedicure at the Spa. I tossed 300 into the adjacent slot machines. Had to go back to video poker, WMS machines were nearby. Playing 50c x 5-line DDB, I hit a nice ROYAL for 2000. Yay!

Off to Bimini for dinner. My NY Strip steak was fine, girlfriend’s halibut was overcooked and disappointing. We did some men’s clothes & ladies boutique shopping after dinner to “help” spend my $1600+ comp balance. Girlfriend went back to the Spa to score the daily trifecta: manicure (with massage & pedicure earlier).

I restarted my gaming at the $1 DDB in hilimit. AAAA for 800 and three 250 quads for a +900 session.

I shifted to the $2 DDB machine right next to the $1 DDB machine and hit the quad 2222 progressive quad for $853. even session. Returned not to much later and hit the bonus quad with kicker meter: a 33332 for $1779 and tax form #2 of the trip. This UP 1300 session put me up 1300 on the day.

Dropped 700 to the poker room $1 DDB w/juicy suited progs. Another no quad session. I’m scratching my head that I couldn’t score a quad (much less a royal) and also why am I playing this irascible bank.

Near midnite, I’m back to the Oceano doors for $2 DD A&F. Hold AKQ and BLOOP - machine freezes, plays a tune and I see that the JT came in. WOOOO.

Handpay includes the “bindle” - a $5000 stack of 100’s with the wrapper on it.

+7400 session. I decide I’m running low on energy, but I want to give 50c x 5 line WMS machine a spin. drop 300 on deuces, but hit a Bonus quad 200 and a bonus quad with kicker for 400 plus two quads for 125 in a Plus 500 DDB session.

I also found the (potentially) best game at Peppermill EV%-wise: $1 JoB with Prog RF.

On a bank near the back elevators. Prog meter was only up to 4271 tho, so I didn’t play it much.

Called it a night about 12:30, up 8100 for my 8 rollercoaster hours of vp.

Up 1500 on the trip.

Day 4

(Tuesday)

Today is a travel day: girlfriend going home and I’m moving to Silver Legacy.

We’re NOT up early, noon, so no time for gaming and we pack and head for the bell desk/limo, with a stop at Biscotti counter -deli for breakfast. No time to hit cafe Milano which we’d have preferred. But the fruit and croissants and coffee are good at Biscotti - even with plastic forks.
Limo to airport and a kiss goodbye to girlfriend. I hop back in the limo and get dropped off at SIlver Legacy.

See part 2 next post.

Also, photos will be downloaded to vpFree.

~Mark my words