vpFREE2 Forums

Punished by Harrah's Tahoe??

Brad took advantage of the juicy promo at Harrah’s Tahoe in the spring, played very heavily (on 9/6 JoB), and hasn’t got any mail since then except for a recent we-miss-you e-mail for discounted room rates and $40 free food credit instead of the previous usual offers of free rooms and varying amounts of free play.

Wonder if others had this experience?

Doesn’t matter to us - we are phasing ourselves out of CZR anyway.

···

Jean $¢ott - The Frugal Gambler

Blog at https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/frugal-vegas/

That was my last visit to Lake Tahoe also. I continue to receive my usual $1,000 free play once or twice a month offers with room and food. As usual, the offers have blackout dates which prevent them from being used with other promotional offers.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2019, at 9:11 AM, queenofcomps@cox.net [vpFREE] <vpFREE@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Brad took advantage of the juicy promo at Harrah's Tahoe in the spring, played very heavily (on 9/6 JoB), and hasn't got any mail since then except for a recent we-miss-you e-mail f

If this play was on the $.25 50-play, this report is consistent with a likely VERY low theo assigned to the machines. Depending upon what was redeemed in room offer, etc., Brad may have been pushed into a “negative” profitability status.

We played Bev reasonably strongly last spring on those machines (likely on the same promotion) and her FSP mailers dropped precipitously. All variables considered, we don’t regret the play choice.

—In vpF…@…com, <queenofcomps@…> wrote :

Brad took advantage of the juicy promo at Harrah’s Tahoe in the spring, played very heavily (on 9/6 JoB), and hasn’t got any mail since then except for a recent we-miss-you e-mail for discounted room rates and $40 free food credit instead of the previous usual offers of free rooms and varying amounts of free play.

Wonder if others had this experience?

Doesn’t matter to us - we are phasing ourselves out of CZR anyway.

···

Jean $¢ott - The Frugal Gambler

Blog at https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/frugal-vegas/

Sounds to me like Brad had a “switch” flipped on him reducing his theo (or CR has reduced the theo of 9/6 Jacks regardless of how many points these machines earn). It’s been my experience that overall either you have to be a big actual loser OR be willing to play the quasi-short pay games like 9/5 Jacks or 7/5 Bonus Poker instead of full-pay. You’ll have to inquire about exact theo’s and do some back of the envelope calculations to decide what is best for you.

Harry is correct the 50-Play machines have a low Theo compared to the $5 Multiline. I compared mailers with a friend who played those machines. BTW the same holds true for the 50-Play 9/6 JoB machines at MGM-Grand in Las Vegas.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2019, at 7:34 PM, harry.porter@verizon.net [vpFREE] <vpFREE@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If this play was on the $.25 50-play, this report is consistent with a likely VERY low theo assigned to the machines.

Thanx for all the input. Hope this information helps other players realize that theo is an important consideration in game choice.

···

On September 12, 2019 at 6:52 AM “Vegasvpplayer vegasvppla…@…com [vpFREE]” <vpF…@…com> wrote:

Harry is correct the 50-Play machines have a low Theo compared to the $5 Multiline. I compared mailers with a friend who played those machines. BTW the same holds true for the 50-Play 9/6 JoB machines at MGM-Grand in Las Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2019, at 7:34 PM, harry.por…@…net [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

If this play was on the $.25 50-play, this report is consistent with a likely VERY low theo assigned to the machines.