vpFREE2 Forums

New Machine Setting for $1200 Jackpot

I occasionally play video 21. Generally I play less than $300 per hand as a win on a double down or split can result in a $600 win for $600 bet and results in a $1200 W-2 G. In the past few months, I have run into some new Interblock machines where the base bet is not included in the “win” return. In the above situation a $600 win and the returned $600 bet does not generate a W-2G jackpot. I have seen these in California and Las Vegas so they must be acceptable in both jurisdictions.

Bob and Richard were talking on a recent show about how base bets are not removed from total win. Since it is apparently acceptable for video 21 machines, hopefully manufacturers will bring this to video poker where it is commonly an issue, especially with higher denomination play.

···

Sent from my iPhone

I’ve encountered this with both makers of ETG craps in the last few months, despite having been told by knowledgeable sources that the aggregate result applies to the threshold (in other words $600 wager + $600 win = $1200 W2G).

Maybe there was some regulatory clarification by the IRS and the ETG makers no longer have to do it the old way?

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:49 AM, Vegasvpplayer vegasvppla…@…com [vpFREE] > <vpF…@…com> wrote:

I occasionally play video 21. Generally I play less than $300 per hand as a win on a double down or split can result in a $600 win for $600 bet and results in a $1200 W-2 G. In the past few months, I have run into some new Interblock machines where the base bet is not included in the “win” return. In the above situation a $600 win and the returned $600 bet does not generate a W-2G jackpot. I have seen these in California and Las Vegas so they must be acceptable in both jurisdictions.

Bob and Richard were talking on a recent show about how base bets are not removed from total win. Since it is apparently acceptable for video 21 machines, hopefully manufacturers will bring this to video poker where it is commonly an issue, especially with higher denomination play.

Sent from my iPhone

Or maybe keep quiet and not draw more attention to it?

Certainly the game is rigged. Don’t let that stop you; if you don’t bet, you can’t win. -Lazarus Long

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. -Yogi Berra

There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe. -Robert Heinlein

I’ve encountered this with both makers of ETG craps in the last few months, despite having been told by knowledgeable sources that the aggregate result applies to the threshold (in other words $600 wager + $600 win = $1200 W2G).

Maybe there was some regulatory clarification by the IRS and the ETG makers no longer have to do it the old way?

···

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 6:34:32 PM EDT, ‘S. Burger’ smurgerbur…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:49 AM, Vegasvpplayer vegasvppla…@…com [vpFREE] > <vpF…@…com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone