vpFREE2 Forums

Momentum

Too much time on my hands...

Although I haven't played there in two years , I was perusing the MS website. See the Momentum reward program.
As with most card programs; top tier seems to offer nothing to make it worthwhile.
  How much coin in on VP for a status pt. ? Even more important are they giving pts. on the FP Jacks or PE ?

I live equidistant from Conn./AC.

Mostly playing at Revel but have rediscovered FW after a more than decade vaca from it. Decent comp and good supply of games that DO give pts. ! Also may now have a very good contact. Will see what perks I can get.

For those of you who are still going to MS and playing HEAVY on PE/Jacks what have been your experiences with this new program ?

Ahh maybe I'll go watch Saints/Patriots :slight_smile:

Larry Feldman

I went to Mohegan sun yesterday mainly to see what the new reward program is all about.I played mainly video poker and received o status points and o momentum dollars so the new program is the same as the old they just changed the name.

But now there are “Personal Achievement” awards to boost your self-esteem. And the top two club levels are credited with a certain number of “Choice Credits” per month, 800 for the top level, SOAR and 200 for the next one down, ASCEND. BUT there is now a choice credit charge of 10pp off-peak/15pp peak for each lounge access, for ASCEND, 100/400 per night for a room, varying amounts for Arena shows, etc. SOAR apparently gets full lounge access & rooms, ASCEND MAY get rooms, based on play but must pay for lounges.

Obviously, these levels match up against the old Sagamore/Sachem levels, but now they’re restricting how much you can use the lounges. They vaguely mention that there are Momentum Accelerators, without specific definition that I noticed. Details about the choice credits are
here:

https://mohegansun.com/content/dam/mohegansun/PDF/Momentum/mohegan_sun_choice_credits_20131001.pdf

One thing that strikes me about the ‘new & improved’ program is that they are clearly curtailing the locals who used to come in a couple of, or a few, times a week, made Sagamore level, and used the lounges as hangouts/ free restaurant/bars. Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if I was still being offered free rooms, and there were a few mid-week days that seemed to be free. But they did say $0.00 / 200 Choice Credits, so I don’t know if they’re actually free or not. And I guess I will never know ; )

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I just got an email for DOUBLE Momentum Points for 10/25 (not double status points, though).

Let me do the math:

2 X 0 = 0

Yep, that works for me.

Certainly the game is rigged. Don’t let that stop you; if you don’t bet, you
can’t win. -Lazarus Long
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. -Yogi Berra
There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe. -Robert Heinlein

···

To: vpFREE_NewEngl…@…com
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 2:53 PM
Subject:
[vpFREE_NewEngland] RE: Momentum

I went to Mohegan sun yesterday mainly to see what the new reward program is all about.I played mainly video poker and received o status points and o momentum dollars so the new program is the same as the old they just changed the name.

—In vpFREE_NewEngl…@…com, <vpfree_newengl…@…com> wrote:

Too much time on my hands…

Although I haven’t played there in two years , I was perusing the MS website. See the Momentum reward program.

As with most card programs; top tier seems to offer nothing to make it worthwhile.

How much coin in on VP for a status pt. ? Even more important are they giving pts. on the FP Jacks or PE ?

Mostly playing at Revel but have rediscovered FW after a more than decade vaca from it. Decent comp and good supply of games that DO give pts. ! Also may now have a very good contact. Will see what perks I can get.

For those of you who are still going to MS and playing HEAVY on PE/Jacks what have been your experiences with this new program ?

Ahh maybe I’ll go watch Saints/Patriots :slight_smile:

Larry Feldman

Forgot to mention: Choice Points expire each month, so you can’t even double up and have a good trip every other month.

Certainly the game is rigged. Don’t let that stop you; if you don’t bet, you can’t win. -Lazarus Long
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. -Yogi Berra
There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe. -Robert Heinlein

···

To: “vpFREE_NewEngl…@…com” <vpFREE_NewEngl…@…com>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [vpFREE_NewEngland] RE: Momentum

But now there are “Personal Achievement” awards to boost your self-esteem. And the top two club levels are credited with a certain number of “Choice Credits” per month, 800 for the top level, SOAR and 200 for the next one down, ASCEND. BUT there is now a choice credit charge of 10pp off-peak/15pp peak for each lounge access, for ASCEND, 100/400 per night for a room, varying amounts for Arena shows, etc. SOAR apparently gets full lounge access & rooms, ASCEND MAY get rooms, based on play but must pay for lounges.

Obviously, these levels match up against the old Sagamore/Sachem levels, but now they’re restricting how much you can use the lounges. They vaguely mention that there are Momentum Accelerators, without specific definition that I noticed. Details about the choice credits are
here:

https://mohegansun.com/content/dam/mohegansun/PDF/Momentum/mohegan_sun_choice_credits_20131001.pdf

One thing that strikes me about the ‘new & improved’ program is that they are clearly curtailing the locals who used to come in a couple of, or a few, times a week, made Sagamore level, and used the lounges as hangouts/ free restaurant/bars. Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if I was still being offered free rooms, and there were a few mid-week days that seemed to be free. But they did say $0.00 / 200 Choice Credits, so I don’t know if they’re actually free or not. And I guess I will never know ; )

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I just got an email for DOUBLE Momentum Points for 10/25 (not double status points, though).

Let me do the math:

2 X 0 = 0

Yep, that works for me.

Certainly the game is rigged. Don’t let that stop you; if you don’t bet, you
can’t win. -Lazarus Long

To: vpFREE_NewEngl…@…com
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 2:53 PM
Subject:
[vpFREE_NewEngland] RE: Momentum

Too much time on my hands…

Although I haven’t played there in two years , I was perusing the MS website. See the Momentum reward program.

Ahh maybe I’ll go watch Saints/Patriots :slight_smile:

Larry Feldman

They just added 18 status points to my account for about 5,000 hands of $1 video poker mostly pickem no momentum dollars .

today they added 83 more status points to my account so that’s 101 points in total

Strange how MS gave 18 points and couple of days later another 83 points.

Does this mean the joint once again welcomes VP players looking for a fair bet?

Maybe soon time to visit the old haunt but flying to Vegas for a week at end of month. Have committed October/November.bankroll to that faraway land.

···

today they added 83 more status points to my account so that’s 101 points in total