vpFREE2 Forums

Just venting (LV trip ...)

I’ve been in town since Sunday night … doing my best not to embarrass myself sans Bev’s gentle guidance :wink:

This trip represents my annual September pilgrimage to earn out my mLIfe Platinum (the $5/tier pt earn in MS, from my home in metro Atlanta, is a renewal hurdle I never quite surmount without some LV contribution).

Started off with a very pleasant stay downtown at GN, which I supplemented with a first-time one night stay at the D. I was pleasantly surprised with just how much I enjoyed the D. Taken for what it is, it served up a very relaxing and comfortable stay and will likely become my new “go to” when I’m looking to bridge a trip with a day or two of lighter play.

So, I moved over to Mandalay Bay this morning for a 2 night run … my first stay here in over 10 years. For some time now, MGM has been my mLife mainstay and, to put it mildly, I feel more than usually “taken for granted”. (I don’t need anyone to faun over me, but I’ve become a non-entity with the host who I’ve known for 15 years.)

So, I’ve enjoyed my run “off the leash” thus far this week, but have been eagerly waiting Bev’s arrival tomorrow. After the 2nd night at MB, we were due to finish out the stay with 2 nights at Cosmo, beginning Friday …

… until she called this evening to say that she “feels like crap” and is bagging on the trip :frowning:

Crushing disappointment. To her credit, she’s been extraordinary on the travel front. She’s still hard at work for a few more years, so I treasure it when she can break away for a weekend. No way I’m doing Cosmo without here, though – the only appeal there for me is what we would have enjoyed together.

So, I’m re-booking into a red-eye home tomorrow night. Sigh …

A “better half” always makes any trip better.

… bl