vpFREE2 Forums

Harrah's Reno gets even worse

I think the bad decisions about Harrahs Reno started with the removal of the poker room and the 24-hour coffee shop. And their buffet is one of the worst. I love my host there, and yes, I love the suites. Love the balconies you can watch the fireworks from.

I haven't heard anything about Tahoe's 9/6 being removed. The thing is, I was earning almost no comps there and their coupons and offers truly sucked. It got where it wasn't worth the drive over the mountain.

I also agree with everyone’s sentiment…

It’s terrible if they sell/close Harrahs Reno, as that WAS the Harrah’s that started them all…HOWEVER, being they have a CET stronghold in Tahoe…I don’t think they’ll care about losing a footing in Reno.

You can almost look at the exact same thing happened to JANugget…sold from original owners, now the 2nd owners are bailing out selling it to the Marnell Co.

I don’t agree that the only money makers are Peppermill and Atlantis…recently when I’ve been at Eldorado and Legacy, it’s been PACKED…even GSR seems to be doing alright (Even though their video poker is no better than 98.99% and the players club rewards are horrendous)

People don’t really go to Reno for Gambling…and Harrah’s Reno offers nothing otherwise (no real convention space, no decent shows, etc)