vpFREE2 Forums

Harrah's charter on Republic Airlines

I recently flew from Detroit to Bullhead City on the Harrah's charter. Republic Airlines is doing the flying instead of Allegiant.

There is a $20 'resort fee' for the roundtrip flight. This gets you one adult beverage each way and internet. The drink part was okay but internet service was sketchy outboard and non existent on the return flight. So, $20 got me 2 drink, which is high by airline prices. Not to mention I wasn't really in the moood for e abeer at 10 AM on the return flight but it is a sin to waste.

Also, the airplane ( which is a Frontier plane) was coming out of Indy and had been delayed for a maintenance issue. It came to Detroit empty and the same maintenance issue re surfaced. Four hours later , this minor maintenance issue gets fixed and we board. Another 30 minutes and we get to the run way, 4 and a half hours behind schedule. Now, the flight is supposed to leave Detroit at 5:50. It departs at 10:30 PM so we get into Laughlin at about 2 AM Detroit time and get to the hotel around 2:30 AM Detroit time. That's a long day, since I got to the airport at 4:30 PM.

The plane was smaller than Allegiant and the seats were pretty cramped. 2 by 2 setup in an Embraer 190. All in all, I miss Allegiant and I never thougth I would say that.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hello.

This is not a nice story.

Save for the $20 fee, was the round-trip flight totally comp'ed, or has that been changed as well with these junkets?

..... bl

···

--- In vpFREE_Laughlin@yahoogroups.com, greeklandjohnny@... wrote:

I recently flew from Detroit to Bullhead City on the Harrah's charter. Republic Airlines is doing the flying instead of Allegiant.

There is a $20 'resort fee' for the roundtrip flight. This gets you one adult beverage each way and internet.

The plane was smaller than Allegiant and the seats were pretty cramped. 2 by 2 setup in an Embraer 190. All in all, I miss Allegiant and I never thougth I would say that.

I just came back from Tunica on Republic charter from Harrah's. I liked the plane 2x2 seating and lots of leg room. Clean and relatively new. One free drink. Smaller, 99 seater plane. Pretzels, no snack box.

Yes the $20 fee charged at the hotel stinks - but you can use your reward credits to pay for it, so that takes some of the sting out. But other than one cocktail on flight - you get nothing else for the $20 fee. Pure added cost for us, profit for them.

Diane

···

-----Original Message-----
To: vpFREE_Laughlin <vpFREE_Laughlin@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 12:33 pm
Subject: [vpFREE_Laughlin] Re: Harrah's charter on Republic Airlines

Hello.

This is not a nice story.

Save for the $20 fee, was the round-trip flight totally comp'ed, or has that been changed as well with these junkets?

..... bl

--- In vpFREE_Laughlin@yahoogroups.com, greeklandjohnny@... wrote:

There is a $20 'resort fee' for the roundtrip flight. This gets you one adult beverage each way and internet.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]