vpFREE2 Forums

Changes (and lousy service) at the Majestic Star

The following changes at the Majestic Star:

1. MS1 Four of the eight $10/point machines that have 9-7 Double Aces and Faces for quarters are gone. It is possible that they will be replaced with three of the same machines in change 2 below. (I suspect the other bank is on the endangered species list.)

2. MS2 Two carousels of three machines 25c/50c/$1 added at the front of the 2nd floor. All 25c short pay. Some 99%+ games (see database update) at the 50c/$1 level. Be aware that 50c Joker is short pay while $1 is the 99.29% version. (I only checked four of these six machines. The other two were not yet turned on for play.)

Doing the UX gimmick at the downstairs bar on the MS1, I touched the QH in 2nd position after holding the AH in 3rd position and not only did the QH not hold but the machine drew cards even though I was nowhere near the draw light on the touch screen or the deal or draw buttons. ( No, the KJT of hearts did not appear in the draws.) I was still pissed and the bar called a slot mechanic over who said there was nothing wrong with the machine. I showed him that the more games light would actually show the help screen so he looked again and the entire lower left quadrant of the screen was not working. Reluctantly he finally called over the supervisor who gave me the $1 I net lost on the play. This took a half hour.

I also had an STP game in the basement of the MS2 freeze up. (Took 18 credits but did not deal the cards.) I knew the player on the next machine so I walked over and talked to two employees who were slot techs and they came over almost instantly. One of them kicked the door real hard and the game worked for the rest of my session.

Howard W. Stern