Bob Dancer Column - 20 AUG 2019

Take Care of Your Money

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/gambling-with-an-edge/take-care-of-your-money/

···

This link is posted for informational purposes
and doesn't constitute an endorsement or approval
of the linked article's content by vpFREE. Any
discussion of the article must be done in
accordance with vpFREE's rules and policies.

I am curious about the experience of others related to dealt royal flushes. Presumably based on the long-term percentages, in one of the Bob Dancer strategy books, he states that “you normally can expect around 14 to 15 royals that you have to “work for” before one will be dealt for you”. To date, I have a total of 67 royal flushes. None have been dealt. For 21, I held four cards; for 25, I held three cards; for 18, I held two cards; for two, I held one card; and for one, I held none and received a royal on a full redraw. I know my experience may not approach the “long term’’, but wondered how similar my experience is to others.

What has been your experience regarding dealt royals. Thanks for your responses.

I have well over 100 royals and have only been dealt two my last one by far the best.[cid:storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com_samsung_android_email_provider_cache_-734259171_IMG_20190514_135253_483_1676997_jpg_1567558505106]

···

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "'Bob Bush' rbush3@nycap.rr.com [vpFREE]" <vpFREE@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 9/3/19 5:24 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: vpFREE <vpFREE@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [vpFREE] Dealt Royals

I am curious about the experience of others related to dealt royal flushes. Presumably based on the long-term percentages, in one of the Bob Dancer strategy books, he states that “you normally can expect around 14 to 15 royals that you have to “work for” before one will be dealt for you”. To date, I have a total of 67 royal flushes. None have been dealt. For 21, I held four cards; for 25, I held three cards; for 18, I held two cards; for two, I held one card; and for one, I held none and received a royal on a full redraw. I know my experience may not approach the “long term’’, but wondered how similar my experience is to others.

What has been your experience regarding dealt royals. Thanks for your responses.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I think I’ve had about 10 dealt royals among the 100’s of Royals that I’ve had. The one I have never had is a redraw Royal.

Regards

A.P.

···

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:24:04 p.m. EDT, ‘Bob Bush’ rbu…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

My dealt royal story.

Been playing VP about 15 years. First seven w/o dealt royal, then 2 in 1 week - Vegas. Had 2 more in Vegas last 7/8 years. Altho I play probably 90% of my VP in Midwest & 95% of that on multi-hand, only one at home …no muti-hand…till last week. Two years ago my 10 hand dealt royal wudda been $10K, but lowered pay table has me playing much less, and mostly for a little entertainment. so 10 hand 10C was $4K. Have has a redeal royal tho, on same 10 hand machine, in position 10 BTW.

I have had several dealt Royals on single line .25 and a couple on VP for Winners while training. But I have had 3 dealt Royals at Silver Legacy on multi-line (100x.05, 100x.05 and 10x.50). Each for $20K. Mr. Chee witnessed one of them.

In a message dated 9/4/2019 6:28:39 AM Central Standard Time, vpF…@…com writes:

···

My dealt royal story.

Been playing VP about 15 years. First seven w/o dealt royal, then 2 in 1 week - Vegas. Had 2 more in Vegas last 7/8 years. Altho I play probably 90% of my VP in Midwest & 95% of that on multi-hand, only one at home …no muti-hand…till last week. Two years ago my 10 hand dealt royal wudda been $10K, but lowered pay table has me playing much less, and mostly for a little entertainment. so 10 hand 10C was $4K. Have has a redeal royal tho, on same 10 hand machine, in position 10 BTW.

My first dealt Royal I ask the bartender to call slot services. She got my info and I think had paid me and then noticed that I had not held any of the cards. Machine had set there all that time subject to asking for a draw/deal and none of us had noticed. Guess maybe I was a tad excited.
Bill

···

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, 10:01 AM Walter Hamilton walterh…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

I have had several dealt Royals on single line .25 and a couple on VP for Winners while training. But I have had 3 dealt Royals at Silver Legacy on multi-line (100x.05, 100x.05 and 10x.50). Each for $20K. Mr. Chee witnessed one of them.

My dealt royal story.

I’ve never had a royal that did not lock up the machine.

···

Jack

Tips to keep private email addresses out of the hands of spammers:

1. Avoid giving your or anyone else’s email address to any web site.
  2. Instead of forwarding email, cut and paste the text or edit to remove addresses.
  3. For group emails, use the “bcc:” (Blind Carbon Copy) field instead of “to:”.
    (Put your own address or a fake address in the “to:” field).
  4. Want to do more? Attach this text as a custom signature to the bottom of all your outgoing email.

Maybe that is what happened.

···

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:44 PM jrs har…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

I’ve never had a royal that did not lock up the machine.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 11:41 AM William Draper bill2dra…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

My first dealt Royal I ask the bartender to call slot services. She got my info and I think had paid me and then noticed that I had not held any of the cards. Machine had set there all that time subject to asking for a draw/deal and none of us had noticed. Guess maybe I was a tad excited.
Bill

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, 10:01 AM Walter Hamilton walterh…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

My dealt royal story.

Jack

2. Instead of forwarding email, cut and paste the text or edit to remove addresses.
  4. Want to do more? Attach this text as a custom signature to the bottom of all your outgoing email.

As suggested in another post, a dealt royal on an IGT machine (and I suspect other manufacturer’s) locks the machine, automatically holds all cards, and then flashes the handpay sign (assuming a $1200+ hit, or back in the days of coin slots).

I’ve seen it cited that a NV statute requires such an automatic hold of the cards anytime a top line hit is dealt that can’t be improved on the deal. (No idea if this is accurate.)

So in the situation you describe, I’m going to infer that the jackpot was signaled, but you indeed didn’t hold any cards: you tossed the dealt hand and hit a rather improbable royal by being dealt it on the draw.

—In vpF…@…com, <bill2draper@…> wrote :

Bill

···

I've had several. I used to keep stats on suits, cards held, etc. but stopped doing that a while ago.

Does the 1 in 14 or 15 figure refer to single line? If you play a lot of multiline that could change the balance.

My favorite dealt royal story is from the coin-dropper days. I was cashing out of a machine and racking up coins, when I realized that
I was going to have 5 coins leftover after filling the rack. So I
reached over and fed 5 coins into the machine next to me, and boom :slight_smile:
Also fun because it was my second royal in 24 hours.

About 5 years ago I was dealt AAAA+k playing $1 DDB at the Excal. To my surprise the machine did not lock up. I guess they thought someone might hold a single A and hope for RF.

Slowpoke

My GF and i live in LV and play weekly.

To get my math degree, I had to sign the “low limit bottom feeder” union card.

Because she’s an architect, she’s more of a play-to-maximize-comps person.

We’re pretty good at acting like we get along.

I’ve had 2 dealt RFs. One playing a (SADLY NOW REMOVED) Downtown Dueces Wild at the eC. I had to hold all.

One playing 10/7 at MSS. I had to take a nitroglycerin before i realized the machine had locked up by itself. The 5 machine double bank was full and i was even more surprised that NO ONE ELSE was surprised than i had been from the fact that it COULD actually even happen.

My GF had a dealt at GVR on NSUD. People there freaked out. The machine locked.

I still want to believe that the fact that i was not wearing a dress -but she was- had nothing to do with it.

I was talking to a math prof pal of mine from OH (hi, TJ!) when he was dealt a royal at the Palms on their 9/6 50 play. I’m hypersensitive to machine maladies, that’s probably how i noticed it flicker just after he hit the initial draw button.

TJ just kept talking to me.

“Uh. You don’t get to bitch about never having a royal ever again. For the rest of your life. Ever.”

The machine lit up, in the words of Mr. Ice, “like a candle.” It locked solid enough that it took three slot mechanics, AND the oldest cocktail waitress on duty, to make it usable again.

That was 10c credit, 50 play. $4000. SO, so much sweeter than the same payout from dollar single play.

Yeah, yeah, “but if you’d played for more…” If you’d played for more, you wouldn’t have been dealt that royal and would be suckin’ on an empty bottle of Night Train on Ogden today.

There was a significant downside to this hit, though. $4000 is a LOT of dimes. And Ace cab won’t ship it “for public safety reasons.”

“Big Hoss” in his dually Uber will GLADLY take it. That’s the up-side.

The down is you have to hear a lot about all types of spaghetti bowls though. And the looks you get when you slip someone twenty dimes instead of two George Washingtons isn’t what I’d call, “friendly.”

50 play machine being played as a 10 play?

···

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:25 PM
To: vpF…@…com
Subject: Re: [vpFREE] Dealt Royals

I’ve had 2 dealt RFs. One playing a (SADLY NOW REMOVED) Downtown Dueces Wild at the eC. I had to hold all.

One playing 10/7 at MSS. I had to take a nitroglycerin before i realized the machine had locked up by itself. The 5 machine double bank was full and i was even more surprised that NO ONE ELSE was surprised than i had been from the fact that it COULD actually even happen.

I still want to believe that the fact that i was not wearing a dress -but she was- had nothing to do with it.

I was talking to a math prof pal of mine from OH (hi, TJ!) when he was dealt a r! oyal at the Palms on their 9/6 50 play. I’m hypersensiti! ve to machine maladies, that’s probably how i noticed it flicker just after he hit the initial draw button.

“Uh. You don’t get to bitch about never having a royal ever again. For the rest of your life. Ever.”

The machine lit up, in the words of Mr. Ice, “like a candle.” It locked solid enough that it took three slot mechanics, AND the oldest cocktail waitress on duty, to make it usable again.

That was 10c credit, 50 play. $4000. SO, so much! sweeter than the same payout from dollar single play.

Yeah, yeah, “but if you’d played for more…” If you’d played for more, you wouldn’t have been dealt that royal and would be suckin’ on an empty bottle of Night Train on Ogden today.

There was a significant downside to this hit, though. $4000 is a LOT of dimes. And Ace cab won’t ship it “for public safety reasons.”

The down is you have to hear a lot about all types of! spaghetti bowls though. And the looks you get when you slip some! one twenty dimes instead of two George Washingtons isn’t what I’d call, “friendly.”

Hate it when I see that. There are a few stores that have only a couple of 50 or 100 play machines that I want to play. I’ve seen so many times where someone is playing five or ten hands. UGH

···

Jack

It was 2c 50 play (not 10c) for $4k dealt Royal.

The rest is mostly true.

:slight_smile:

T.J.

···

That was 10c credit, 50 play. $4000. SO, so much sweeter than the same payout from dollar single play.

Ive had several dealt royals but not for several years. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to.

most memorable was on the .25 9/6 10 play at LVH. my friend and I were playing and over the course of abt an houir we had 14 royals between us, of course I got 10 at once. Abt a year later my wife who plays very little also had one dealt on the same machine.

one time at the GC I was playing 9/6 stp- cant remember if they were 5 or 10 play. held one card and got a royal on an 8X. another time there same machines I held one card and playing fast I hit the deal button to rack my credits and kept playing. wasent until a few hands later I realised I had an extra 1K. igot a royal and didn’t even realise it.

in NOLA once back when they had decent machines I played 3 sessions one day each abt 2 hrs long and each session I got a royal playing $2 9/6.

never played a lot of pick=em but I got a $1 royal once but never did get a SF.

my friend used to say that if you play lon g enough everything will happen.

JAS

···

Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 8:20 PM

To: mailto:vpF…@…com

I think I’ve had about 10 dealt royals among the 100’s of Royals that I’ve had. The one I have never had is a redraw Royal.

Regards

A.P.

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:24:04 p.m. EDT, ‘Bob Bush’ rbu…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

I only noticed that after scratching my head over reference to a $.10 machine that reportedly dispensed 40,000 coins …

—In vpF…@…com, <randyc@…> wrote :

···

I was talking to a math prof pal of mine from OH (hi, TJ!) when he was dealt a r! oyal at the Palms on their 9/6 50 play. I’m hypersensiti! ve to machine maladies, that’s probably how i noticed it flicker just after he hit the initial draw button.

That was 10c credit, 50 play. $4000. SO, so much! sweeter than the same payout from dollar single play.

The down is you have to hear a lot about all types of! spaghetti bowls though. And the looks you get when you slip some! one twenty dimes instead of two George Washingtons isn’t what I’d call, “friendly.”

No. 2c machine 50 play. Original post was incorrect.

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 6:31 PM, jrs har…@…com [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

Hate it when I see that. There are a few stores that have only a couple of 50 or 100 play machines that I want to play… I’ve seen so many times where someone is playing five or ten hands. UGH
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 4:50 PM ‘Randy Cowdery’ ran…@…edu [vpFREE] <vpF…@…com> wrote:

One playing 10/7 at MSS. I had to take a nitroglycerin before i realized the machine had locked up by itself. The 5 machine double bank was full and i was even more surprised that NO ONE ELSE was surprised than i had been from the fact that it COULD actually even happen…

Jack