vpFREE2 Forums

Awful slot attentants/manager at Majestic Star 1.

DO NOT PLAY #10273 11 0201 at the downstairs bar on the MS1. (No database worthy game but UX is on this machine.)

The unit malfunctioned again as the touch screen was way off. (Similar to the malfunction I reported the last time I played this machine though the malfunction was different.) The slot tech checked and agreed it was way off. He fixed it and asked that I play one more hand. As a favor, I did so and then tried to cash out and it malfunctioned again requesting a hand pay for $3. The tech could not reset the machine and from the discussion between techs I heard several banks of machines then malfunctioned. They also did not want to refund my $4.50 loss on the first hand. The slot manager has the idea that the customer is always wrong and does not understand their own note on the machine that a malfunction voids all plays and pays. (I also suspect from the ignorant responses and the I do not care attitude that she has never played video poker.) If the house has told her to act like this, then they will drive away what few customers they have (The Majestic Star makes about 1/2 the next lowest Chicago area’s property’s profit.). I am the vpfree2 monitor for this house and it is getting painful to go there.

Howard W. Stern