vpFREE2 Forums

A recent visit to Horseshoe, Bossier City

Hi!

These are just some personal observations and comments about a recent trip that I made to Horseshoe in Bossier City (within the past week).

1. Cash back was 0.125% of coin-in for video poker (in the past, my memory says that it used to be 0.25%).

2. Cash back is no longer in "cash". Instead, I received vouchers in the amount of my "cash back", which had to be played through a machine one time. I must say that I made the mistake of not at least trying to cash out a voucher before playing it through once. I had to have my player's card inserted in the machine for the voucher to be accepted.

3. There were very many video poker machines that did not accept these vouchers. There are little signs on those video poker machines that do not accept them. I also saw some "slot machines" that did not accept them either (Star Trek comes to mind, although I did not do an exhaustive search).

4. There were no "Bonus Reward Points" accumulated throughout any of my video poker play, only Tier Points at the rate $10 = 1 Tier Point.

5. Although I did not do an exhaustive search, I did not find any NSUD at any level. I did notice some machines that I think were Airport/Illinois deuces.

6. The Diamond Lounge on the 3rd level is no more. That room is now full of "high level" slot machines. No video poker at all in there, from what I could see. There are the same 4 high level video poker machines that were always in the "high level" room (but be wary of the JOB! Two of them are 9/6, the other two are either 8/6 or 9/5, I forget which).

7. There is a now a "VIP Lounge" on the middle level, near the cigar bar, for which my Diamond Card allowed entry.

8. The shuttle that runs from Horseshoe to Louisiana Downs now only runs once every other hour (on the odd hour). The returning shuttle runs from LD back to HS on the even hour. When I made use of it, the shuttle no longer used the Interstate, so it took a bit more time getting back and forth.

9. There is still no video poker at Louisiana Downs, but the live horse racing is very entertaining, in my opinion.

Thanks BL!
I didn't know they had started this with the Cash Back, as little as it is, I still don't want to have to stop and play it through a machine? We usuallys wait to get any Cash Back until we are going home.

I guess they are tightening up?

James

ยทยทยท

--- In vpFREE_Louisiana@yahoogroups.com, "bornloser1537" <bornloser1537@...> wrote:

2. Cash back is no longer in "cash". Instead, I received vouchers in the amount of my "cash back", which had to be played through a machine one time. I must say that I made the mistake of not at least trying to cash out a voucher before playing it through once. I had to have my player's card inserted in the machine for the voucher to be accepted.

3. There were very many video poker machines that did not accept these vouchers. There are little signs on those video poker machines that do not accept them. I also saw some "slot machines" that did not accept them either (Star Trek comes to mind, although I did not do an exhaustive search).